Monday, March 21, 2011

My kids will all have British Citizenship – Oge Okoye

Oge Okoye recently returned from London where she had her second baby. Here are excerpts from a recent interview.
Why did you choose to have your baby in London?
I feel more at ease in London than any other country. Don’t forget that I was born there too. Besides, I want a better life for my kids.

Does it have something to do with the citizenship thing?
Of course yes. I am a British too. I just want a good life for them when they get older and also for them to be able to move around the world freely without hiccups. I believe they will have a better life with their British citizenship.

Are you saying you don’t believe or have faith in Nigeria?

I just know that the step I took for my kids on their nationality is the best for them. I know what I am doing honestly. Nigeria is a good country and there is hope of it becoming better but I have my reasons. My kids will all have British citizenship.
 

No comments: